Sunday, April 10, 2011

Rambles, Jambles and Countless Brambles

I've always loved that word brambles, a tingle of excitement rushes up my spine when I read that word, for some reason it always reminds me of Enid Blyton's Famous Five...for those uninitiated all I have to say is you kids (I don't care how old you are) have been seriously deprived. Gimme her books to read ANY DAY and I will curl up in a corner and spend my time reading those books. I used to LOVE (and still do) reading that Famous 5 series along with her collection of short stories. They dealt with pixies and fairies and gnomes and awesome things!! Now that's what a child's imagination needs a lotta exposure to. That whole concept of free your soul free your mind, there's just something about reading and music that can do that and I highly recommend that this revolutionary freedom movement be started at a young age. You'd be surprised at how much you can stand to learn from kids and how much more they can stand to learn from you. No I'm not a parent and yes it's very easy for me to dish out advice like this, next thing you know I'm gonna b getting these emails saying great so we freed their souls and minds and now they're wreaking havoc that involves cleaning up after them 24 hours a day...thanks we were used to doing so only 16 hours.

Anyhoo it's been a while since I came on here and let out some verbal steam :P...oh woe is you indeed. For most part it was to rant about a plethora of things, but for the life of me I can't remember a lotta things that I wanted to go on about. Well if anything I'm sure it included akademia seeing how a majority of the pain in the arses arise from there, and then I guess I'll find my way from there.

Ya know all those people you see cutting corners and who pretty much entice you into wanting to say 'screw it' to your values and principles? And I guess pretty much has you wanting and wishing for that thing called 'karma' to kick in full force pretty much any time now? Well I kinda had that moment or rather I've been having more frequent episodes of that moment these past few months, but end of the day I can't abandon my value, ethics or principles for sum'n low and underhanded. However, I'm no saint and I'm not gonna say I don't wish sometimes the people around bitching and whining 'bout things, even though they go about achieving said things in the most unworthy manner, get dealt the hand they deserve. But then again, who am I to decide who deserves what and how they deserve it. However, this past week something along the lines of a miracle happened lol, so all those unscrupulous gits who get by on copying and cheating off of each other (don't gimme the it's a highly competitive atmosphere so you gotta do what you gotta do bullshit, 'cuz that ain't gonna win you any sympathy from me) finally...I mean FINALLY got deprived of a few things. Apparently while doing our test while some people were using the sharing is caring policy, the teachers swiped their answer sheets from right under their noses...funny thing is that they did this for the last test :|...wat the hell were they doing the rest of the year? :|...Hey maybe there were a few ppl who weren't cheating and musta looked around staring aimlessly at some point of the room to gather and collect their thoughts. I know I stare at the whiteboard or the ceiling, I mean honestly I'm 'bout as blind as a bat and I clearly don't have enough time nor skills to break into a building more likely a lab and plant answers at distant spaces :|...Besides that, this particular class we have one of the profs who comes in to administer/proctor the tests has like twitching problems when it comes to putting up slides for us to identify. The speed at which he zooms around a slide to get us to ID it gets me all nauseous...it's like I have freaking motion sickness from him zooming all over the dang slide. Anyway, he hates us and our guts, but the unfortunate part is that he hates the rest of us because of the actions of a few. Yeah I understand he can be and is a total dick as far as allotting points and things are concerned but that does not warrant neither does it excuse the kinda behavior some people exhibit. I mean gimme a break, this guy has dealt with this area for years! To try and strong arm him in his area of expertise, which might I add you've only been studying for a year, is just bullshit and absolutely ridiculous. I think people forget at times, that regardless of where they get to in life or what they are in life respect is something that is earned, deserved and given to people regardless of the situation you're in. Throwing a shit fit or a tantrum does not warrant nor justify your demanding nature. I mean didn't you learn that when you were a kid? If you didn't jeez someone needs to slap you now. Believe me, nobody gives a fuck as to who you are...status is something that is a very fickle thing, you may be someone today or you may think you are someone today but tomorrow you will be about as obscure as a grain of sand...and darling thing about grains of sand is that it can be blown away pretty much anytime without fore-warning. Never forget the value or worth of respect wherever you are...I mean hey I'm not one of those alpha-females who tries to call the shots or believes they are far better than anyone else and I'm also not one of 'em turncoats who flows with the stronger current because they're too afraid to try and stay afloat on their own and make it through...nor am I the one to go for cliques, the whole clique mentality is a real life stunting ordeal if you ask me and I'm all for individual growth instead of being a groupie. That doesn't mean that there won't be times when you sway for the groupie effect 'cuz sometimes it just makes more sense than your individual stance and more importantly it depends on the situation you find yourself in. I'd love to tackle the leader and follower paradigm as I think it's a concept that is misunderstood. A true leader isn't one who holds himself or herself in any for of superiority complex, they are people who value and respect anyone and everyone's opinion. They never put their needs and agendas above everyone else...they are the epitome of loyalty that too of a very fiery kind. You mess with that you're asking for trouble pal, you might as well wish you were in the 7th or 8th realm of hell. They give you a hand when you fall instead of walking away and letting you be trampled all over the place...for them nobody ever gets left behind. They need not be living examples of peace and tranquility but they have absolute faith and conviction in what they believe in and the best part? They see everybody as equals, they don't let it get to their heads that they're leaders. Words aren't the only things that make a person, actions and mannerisms do as well.

This journey I'm on at the moment, I set out on it with hopes, dreams and aspirations to help others in a much larger capacity...no I'm not aiming for Nobel Prize speech :P psht! Then you'd really have to get the Committee's head checked lol...one of my backup akademik options was Law, however when I told my parental units about my interest in Law and how I was thinking about it, the first comment outta their mouths was "Oh hell no you aren't cut out for law, you'd be an absolute door-mat." I was quite befuddled with their response, I mean here I thought I had made a giant leap into something substantial only to realize that I was falling short of my safety net to land in and instead I'd have to brace for impact for the impending fall. Yeah crashing and boomin' ain't exactly the most beautiful thing in the world, but hey with every fall you only get to learn how far off you are from the landing zone, or at least that's what I keep telling myself. You know how when a gadget doesn't work you ultimately throw your hands up in despair and frustration and just smack the object that's your bone of contention? Well one of these days Imma be doing that with my head, if my brain doesn't shut up with silly and corny anecdotes I'm definitely smacking it lol. Not that I don't, but this might be on a more repetitive basis :|. But like I was saying before I went all tangential, was that, apparently to be on this current journey involves quite a bit of politics and a bit of a business acumen 'cuz apparently there's a worth limit for everybody that gets calculated pretty much the first day you start. And your market value is like the stock exchange, and by market value I'm not talking 'bout your relationship status, it extends from pretty much the social networks you possess, how many people you know that you can squeeze for information access. Trading is equivalent to how much gossip a person is worth, I'm assuming the higher the gossip the greater the status 'cuz bloody hell you're all everyone ever talks about which means you have some sorta standing I assume within the community. Even if you're called the biggest bitch everyone wants to be your BFF 'cuz knowing you = sharing the same frame/picture/space thereby getting into everyone other all access pass's lil' contact book. So apparently now to be able to help people I gotta be a fucking politician, business person, liar I mean lawyer, and a stock trader? WTF?! Clearly I've avoided the above mentioned paths mostly due to my slight shortcomings in those respective areas lol. Ai karamba....I'm screwed aren't I?

My folks always tell me that I tend to be an idealist and that the real world is a pretty feisty, crooked and messed up place...and that I'm still too naive. I think what they don't realize is I've seen quite a fair share of the ugliness the world has to offer, 'cuz that tends to pop out more often and be highlighted more often than the beauty the world does offer. I'd rather be a delusional idealist and optimist than turn into a jaded pessimist just yet, yeah sure I'm a bit jaded, but I still believe in the good that we have within us. There's always a lil' sum'n hidden within each of us, some people prefer resorting to their not so awesome natures for quite a few reasons. One of those reasons being it's easier for them to snap at and dismiss people than it is to give them a shot and value them for who they are. Another reason is the 'it happened to me, so someone else deserves it' mentality. I mean are you people just too stupid to realize that by doing so you aren't helping anyone out and it's always gonna be a vicious cycle. Wouldn't you rather break it than allow it to go on? I mean we're homo sapiens, we're the most developed of all species...yet we're so retarded :|..it's amazing. You have the chance to break stereotypes, to break down walls holding you down, to make things b8r if not simpler for those after you, for teaching and setting examples for those to follow. Yet we choose not to...the question as to why we hesitate to do something that would benefit so many as opposed to ourselves is perhaps one of those mysteries of life questions a.k.a the big questions that many more besides myself will ponder. I mean I see it everyday where I'm at at the moment, people refusing to share information with others 'cuz God forbid everybody is on or at the same playing field...I'm telling ya life is one big circus, just looking at these clowns trying to strut their authority o'er others outta some hormonal imbalance or a sense of impotency is just freaking hilarious.

Well I guess I should end on this note, all I'm trying to say folks is that try and live your lives with as open a mind as possible. Try to live your lives blinder free if anything or if you do try taking a break from it from time to time, the littlest things always contribute to the biggest changes. It's like the old adage, it takes droplets of water to make an ocean...we're all connected you know? You and I...I dunno how, when or why, but our paths will cross at some point in time and for those whom we've already crossed paths with...if we're still in touch I hope we never take each other for granted. Try thinking of an alternative scenario...what do you think would've happened if our paths never crossed? Would you still be where you are? Doing whatever it is you're doing? Would you still be the person you are? There's some food fer thought now :)...well I hope all is well with everyone and I hope everyone has/had an awesome weekend...here's wishing ya a rockin' week ahead. Hey I know the week ahead is gonna be an awesome one for me :), reasons will follow later :D..haha. Cheers!

Song(s) of the Day:

Song: Piano piece from Criminal Minds episode titled Coda
Artist: Composers of the CM soundtrack
OST: Criminal Minds (Season 6)
Release Date: Well the date it aired was February 23rd, Circa 2011 <& it was a pretty awesome episode>

Song: Illuminated
Artist/Band: Hurts
Album: Happiness
Release Date: September 6, Circa 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment